Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mountains and wildlife

Wednesday:

The morning began with a drizzle for a wake-up call and then gradually began to clear up and warm up. Today brought the most spectacular scenery yet. Along with plenty of wildlife. Most of the wildlife was on the road to Hyder, AK. Today's total:
1 weasel
1 red fox
1 deer
1 wolf
14 black bears

And I have most of it on video.

I finished up the day by finally reaching Yukon. I'm in a campground on the Al-Can highway.

You can't believe how big BC is. It's bigger than Washington, Oregon, and California combined. And it's full of scenery like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment