Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Friday, June 1, 2012

Tok, Alaska

First of all, a big thanks to those who left kind words of encouragement on the blog. I really appreciate it. Now it seems like this is a team effort instead of solo!

I'm in my tent at the Tundra campground in Tok, Alaska. I just had a great burger and fries at fast Eddie's restaurant. Another beautiful day. I saw one more moose, and one bear today.
This bear wasn't black, and it had a large hump on its front shoulder.

While I was on the Alaska Highway, I came upon a woman from Alberta who was stranded with a disabled motorcycle. Alone.
I stopped to help, and I ended up towing her to the Canadian customs office.

Tomorrow I plan to start up the Dalton Highway. Once I leave Fairbanks, I won't have any cell coverage or Wi-Fi until I either return to Fairbanks or make it to Deadhorse.
Just watch the little orange dots on the map.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts are with you Rick on your Dalton Highway travels.....looking forward to your next post and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff, no wifi or cell, REAL vacation :-)

    ReplyDelete