Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Saturday, June 9, 2012

Road update

Now that I have my excursion ticket, I found out that there is one lane open on the Klondike Highway. Clouds are starting to gather - I think I will head for Whitehorse after the train ride.

2 comments:

  1. Used to be some good pie where the train stops at the top of White Pass. Is there still?

    AMHS ferry is an option if the road closes again. Should be about $400 from Skagway to PR and take something like 2-2.5 days.

    If your travel plans take you through eastern WA our offer still stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no food offered.
      We just went to the top, reversed the engine, and came back down. It was a 3 hour ride. They also offer a 4 hour ride that goes farther. Maybe that's where the pies are.

      Delete