Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Saturday, June 16, 2012

Out of Jasper

I left Jasper heading south to the Icefields Parkway that leads through the Glacier-clad mountains into Lake Louise and Banff.
I thought I had seen spectacular mountain vistas, but this surpassed it all.
I found myself stopping for photos every couple of miles. I finally had to convince myself that I couldn’t photograph EVERY mountain.
The weather was perfect.
Not wanting to go all the way into the resort towns to find a campground, I stopped at Jonas Creek and set up camp.





Some campers left a recent message to help others sleep peacefully.


I awoke at about 5:30 to a light drizzle. Hmm. It was supposed to be sunny in Banff today.
I packed up and left, thankful that I had traveled through plenty of mountains, since this morning they were all hidden behind the rain clouds. It rained most of the way to Lake Louise, but now the sun is peeking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment