Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

NWT

I broke camp in Whitehorse at around 4:30am, and went straight to the McBlog Command Center where I found out that the highway was now open.
The temperature was 40F which was about normal, but after breakfast and riding 200 miles it had risen to… 43F. Brr.
I was prepared for a huge traffic jam at the single-lane detour, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Since the road opened the previous evening, the logjam must have cleared out overnight. I had to wait for a few vehicles, then I rode straight through. No more than 5 minutes total.

More wildlife...


There a lot of Woods Bison, which are an endangered relative of the smaller Plains Bison.



Out of the dozen or so grate-floored bridges I've passed over, this is the only one with a warning.
"Warning - Nervous motorcyclist ahead"?


I saw this moose praying for its meal...




No comments:

Post a Comment