Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mt. Robson

Farmland in eastern B.C.


I've seen so many photos of Mt. Robson, I couldn't wait to see it in person. I think it's in this photo, but I'm not sure.


The lady at the park gate said it's supposed to clear up tomorrow. I'm currently holed up in 'Pine Bungalows' outside Jasper. Jasper reminds me of Vail or Aspen, Colorado. Nothing inexpensive here. Lots of scrambling for a parking space.

To enter the National park, you pay according to the time you spend here. I said I planned to spend a night in Jasper and a night in Banff, and paid $20.   If It clears up tomorrow, I may ride all the way back to Mt. Robson.

Wildlife:
1 moose
1 bald eagle
1 wolf
More bears alongside the road.

Always slow down when you see an RV stopped on the shoulder of the road. There's a moose or bear nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment