Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Misc. photos

Found some that I didn't post before...


Yes, I'm in the picture. See if you can find me.
I wish I had a REAL truck.






Some footage I think I captured on the GoPro, but I'll have to wait until I get home to see it and upload it:

I came around a turn and found a Bald Eagle in the road trying to fly off with a road-killed porcupine. He dropped it and flew away before I could get a still photo.

I saw 2 moose off the side of the road eating, and stopped a few yards past them in case I needed a fast getaway. I was able to get the cell phone out and shoot some video of them crossing the road just behind me. One of them was really big, and the other was HUGE.

I should be able to upload that when I get to a bigger city. (I have a 1-hour limit on internet right now)

I have some shots of downtown Dawson, but they're not at hand right now.

P.S.
I went through Chicken, AK to get to Dawson.
Here's the story about Chicken.
When the gold miners settled there and had to come up with a name for the place, they noted the high population of white ptarmigan.
The conversation went something like this:

"Let's call it Ptarmigan."
"OK. How do you spell it?"

And that's how they came up with the name "Chicken".

1 comment:

  1. I am speechless after seeing these pictures, another example of God's amazing handiwork....you need to figure out how to slow down time so your adventure won't go by so fast ;)

    ReplyDelete