Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Friday, June 8, 2012

Mileage trivia

Some folks may have been confused when I first entered Alaska at Hyder, and thought I had reached my destination.  I went to Hyder because it was the closest point to reach in case something went wrong later and I had to abandon my goal of reaching Deadhorse.

Driving distance from Hyder, AK to Deadhorse, AK is over 1,700 miles.

Farther than the driving distance from Raleigh to Denver.

:-)

2 comments:

  1. Is that on the Postcard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I. Can't remember!
      Good to hear from you!
      Rick.

      Delete