Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Friday, June 1, 2012

Dalton Highway

Dad asked me to post a link on the Dalton Highway, where he is going to be riding for the next couple of days.

http://www.milepost.com/resources/pageimg/0000000059/daltonhwy_map.pdf


Looks like he has left Fairbanks and is on his way! No more McDonald's after Fairbanks so it will be a while before he posts again.


Have a safe trip, Dad!

7 comments:

  1. I hope he took a gas can with extra fuel. It's 250 miles from Coldfoot to Deadhorse. Thats really pushing fuel economy on a concours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the up date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Rick, go! Lay down those orange dots for us to enjoy following. Crossed the Yukon River I see, heading north. Looks like current weather in Coldfoot is 50-60 F. Hope it's a dry road for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just watched you cross the Arctic Circle :-) You go boy!!! Loved the wolf serenade, the moose photo, but most of all, the awareness that it's possible to make that trip and not "see" it. So glad you have plenty of time to kick back and enjoy the return trip! Stay safe - quite a few of us virtually making this trip with you. :-) Love you very much, and can't wait to see all your photos/videos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoomed in on the orange dots. Looks like you had lunch at Coldfoot before you fueled up. If I zoomed in any closer it might show what you selected on their menu! I think I'll get spot trackers for some of our employees so I can track their location on campus!

    WX looks decent all the way to Deadhorse. Looking forward to seeing where your dots go next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a friend of Don Bunner, we work together at UMD. I also ride a 1994 1500 Goldwing. I would love to go to ride to Alaska. Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip. Be safe, watch out for the Bear and Moose.

    Craig Thayer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making it to Deadhorse,Ak.

    ReplyDelete