Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Sunday, June 3, 2012

Coldfoot

I stopped at Coldfoot to eat breakfast and fill up.
I'm eating 2 meals a day and skipping lunch.
Coldfoot was about 2 hours north of my camp at the Arctic Circle.



Since Coldfoot is the last fuel stop on the Dalton until you reach Prudhoe Bay (Deadhorse), you need to make sure you can make it 243 miles.

My bike goes about 220 until I switch to reserve, and then another 50 miles until it goes dry.
But that's on a highway - not slogging through mud at 15mph.
So I decided to dump out my extra water supply and fill the aluminum bottles with gas.


No comments:

Post a Comment