Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Sunday, June 17, 2012

Badlands

I stopped for breakfast in Brooks, Alberta and remembered that somebody had told me of a big dinosaur fossil site in Canada.

I Googled it and found that it was at that very exit. (Just a 30-mile ride north).
It's Dinosaur Provincial Park, located in the "Canadian Badlands" of Alberta.
This photo doesn't do a good job of showing the depth of the mini-canyon below.


Maybe this will help:


It's been designated a World Heritage site, and over 500 museums around the world are exhibiting dinosaur fossils from this location. More dinosaurs have been found here than any other site of its size.


No comments:

Post a Comment