Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Sunday, June 17, 2012

Alberta camp

Last night was a dream camp.
The sun finally faded behind the clouds and let the temperature drop to... somewhere around perfect.

I talked to another camper just before turning in, and asked him if he had heard the coyotes howling.
I guess he comes there often. He said a pack of coyotes stay a ways off from the campground and don't bother anybody. I was surprised - the campground has a little corral with sheep and goats for children to feed every morning.
He told me that the coyotes would probably wake me up howling at 3:00.
He only missed it by 30 minutes.

I thought this was an interesting image:


It's not a sunset - it's 180 degrees from this one:


The thin blade of sunshine that the clouds were letting through reflected off the clouds on the east.


I climbed out of the sack this morning without shivering or scrambling to get into something warm.
A perfect morning - probably 65 F.
I checked the thermometer on the bike - OK - 56 degrees, but it FELT like 65!
A big difference from the previous night on the Icefields Parkway.
I wonder why?
:-)

7:00am and they are opening the gate.
Time to find a McBlog center eastward.



No comments:

Post a Comment