Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Too many gadgets?

OK, so I'm a gadget junkie.


I have a very good reason for taking each of these items on a bike trip.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  • GPS (Keeps me from accidentally going to Argentina, or passing up a Waffle House)
  • NetBook PC - Posting to the Blog and plotting the next day's course for the GPS.
  • Nikon CoolPix 5700 - Big and bulky, but it has 8X optical zoom and a great lens.
  • GoPro HD Hero2 cam - I hope to bring back some good riding footage.
  • SPOT GPS Messenger - So my wife can track me.
  • Etymotic MC5 earphones - So I can hear my GPS. And then argue with it.
  • iPhone (I took the photo with it) - All the way to Alaska without Angry Birds? Get real.
  • Extra batteries and memory chips (Camera & GoPro).
  • 12V chargers for everything - My tent doesn't have an AC outlet.
  • Helmet mounts and highway bar mounts for the GoPro.

No comments:

Post a Comment