Quotes of the day

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost



Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Grand Launching Ceremony

I made plans with Sean and Bob to meet at the office before I left town and get them to sign the IBA witness forms as part of the verification for the IronButt ride. After I got the necessary signatures, I straddled the old red mare and started to back away. I wish you could have seen what happened next.

Actually, no I don't.

Bob was standing immediately to my left, and just as I started moving backwards, he said "Good Luck" and offered his outstretched right hand.
Of course, I quickly took my hand off the front brake and reached across to shake. That's when I felt it starting to go over. It was too late. My right hand was already shaking his, and the reach to the left was all it took.
So the three of us got to pick the beast up off the parking lot and I rode away.
Here's the BAD news:  It didn't occur to me to take a photo of it while it was down.

No comments:

Post a Comment